Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep track of insight asset number

Arnaud Marquis April 22, 2022

I have created assets in Insight and a reference to my asset type in Jira issues. Is there a way that I can keep track of how many of each asset is in stock?

What I would like to achieve is that when I reference an asset on an issue, the number of assets "in stock" gets decremented by 1. If I remove the asset from the issue, the stock number should be incremented by 1.

How would I achieve that?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2022

Hi @Arnaud Marquis welcome to the Atlassian Community!

By referencing an asset on an issue, you actually mean linking an asset to a user, correct?

You could try automation to change the status of the asset:

• From 'in stock' to 'in use' when an asset is linked to a user
  • From 'in use' to 'in stock' when an asset is unlinked from a user
Arnaud Marquis April 22, 2022

Hi, not exactly. These assets are "articles". Let's say for exemple I have an asset called "Printer toner cyan". We don't need to have 1 asset created for each article (they are all the same, they do not have anything specific to them like a serial number or such). All I need to know is how many of them are "in stock".

I'd rather have 1 asset called "Printer toner cyan" and have a custom field with the number of these assets "in stock", say 10.

When I reference this specific printer toner on an issue, I'd like that custom field to be decremented by 1. That means, if I view the "Printer toner cyan" in Insight, I should now see that we have 9 in stock. If I remove that asset from the issue, the stock number should be back to 10.

These assets are not linked to a user or a customer. They would just be linked to an issue.

Arnaud Marquis April 25, 2022

@Dave Mathijs no further help?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2022

Is your stock count a jira custom field or an attribute of the object?

@Dave Mathijs It is an Insight object attribute.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2022

Maybe this KB article can help you: Update Insight object attribute values using automation

@Dave Mathijs Thank you. I am new to this and it doesn't work yet.

I created a new automation rule, selected the "Edit Insight field attribute", selected the Insight field and the "attribute to set" (my attribute is called "En stock") and wrote the following:

{{#=}}{{object.En stock}} - 1{{/}}

All what that does is that it sets the attribute value to "-1" instead of taking the existing attribute value and substracting 1. Am I missing anything?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events