Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira service desk has issues, that is blocking me from using it with my clients.

Esraa AbuFannas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 15, 2021
  • Content comments with attachment can’t reach client only text is sent, which will be a problem for some requests such as QR requests,But Only users with Jira access can view the request and check attachments.

• The emails sent in the email thread are now showing the CSS of the whole comments thread and this issue is new, it didn’t use to do that. -Screenshot attached for this point-Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 2.47.31 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2021

Hello @Esraa AbuFannas,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

On Jira Cloud, there are some settings that can change the email format. By default, the format of the notifications is set to HTML, but it’s possible to change it to Text which seems that is the format of the notification from your screenshot.

The first thing to check is the global configuration.

Note: You must be a Jira administrator to access the options below.

Please go to Cog icon > System > Default user preferences.

If the “Default outgoing email format” is set to Text, please click on “Edit default values” and change to HTML > Update > Apply.

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 15.33.04.png

After that, go to Cog icon > Products > Email requests and confirm if the “Enable HTML email parsing” is checked. This setting is specifically for customer notifications.

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 15.42.42.png

The last thing to check, in case you are the one facing this issue, is your personal settings. Go to your Profile picture > Personal settings and confirm if the “Email notifications format” is set to HTML.

Hope this helps!

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Esraa AbuFannas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 11, 2021

Thank you for your answer very helpful. it solved CSS issues and all looking good, I only have one issue left, which is the email sent by the client and added as a comment it sends a new email to say the comment added. Can we remove this?

check attachmentScreen Shot 2021-11-11 at 2.37.27 PM.png 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2021

Hello @Esraa AbuFannas,

I’m glad that it was resolved!

Regarding this other issue, by default, customers don’t receive notifications of their own changes, so when they add a comment, they shouldn’t receive a notification, they should receive it only when an agent or another customer adds a comment.

Please, go to Project settings > Customer notifications and confirm if the “​​Exclude person who caused the action” is enabled on the “Public comment added” notification.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 15.16.41.png

If this option is not checked, then the customer will receive a notification when they add a comment, so just click on the checkbox and save the changes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events