Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jira mail handler not working

I am using Jira Service Management version 8.20.2. I am trying to create an issue through a mail receive handler. But it doesn't work properly. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/imap-fails-with-a3-bad-user-is-authenticated-but-not-connected-error-in-jira-server-integrated-with-office365-665420269.

I tried a few things by looking at the html link.

1. Make sure "IMAP4" is added to Client Access Rules in O365, and when testing the input in O365 using Jira context, the test is completed successfully.

스크린샷, 2022-02-10 17-36-23.png

2. You can solve this problem by using OAuth 2.0, which is supported in Jira 8.10 and later. 

스크린샷, 2022-02-10 17-46-17.png

But when I test the mail handler I get an error.

```

Messaging Exception in service 'com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailFetcherService$MessageProviderImpl' when getting mail: QE3 BAD User is authenticated but not connected.javax.mail.MessagingException: QE3 BAD User is authenticated but not connected.
The connection is no longer open, messages marked as deleted will not be purged from the remote server: outlook.office365.com until the next run.

```

I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve it.

2 answers

Hi Guys.

I have the same problem, does anyone find out how to solve it?

Thanks!

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Feb 14, 2022

This is posted in JSM collection. If indeed you are using JSM then your incoming mail is configured under Project settings > email requests. If you actually are working with JSW here and not JSM please let me know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events