Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira is sending emails for new tickets but not emails for updates to tickets

Brandon E January 19, 2023

Hi folks,

New to administering Jira, we lost our Jira admin recently and I'm trying to fill in the gap so forgive me if I'm a bit slow.

Our issue is, if someone places a new ticket, we (IT) get an email notification and the user get the confirmation email back. The user doesn't get any email updates to the ticket once it has been placed. They do get updates for changes from in progress to closed. 

I've followed a few of the KB articles and checked the mail queue, all was clear there. Our spam filter isn't grabbing it. I can send outgoing test emails in the Jira admin.

All the health checks passed except for this:

Services
Error

Application links

What does this check do?

Checks the status of your application links and reports back any errors.

Result

The health check was unable to complete within the timeout of 20000ms.

Thank you for any guidance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brandon E April 28, 2023

Hi folks,

We found the issue, the email account we have associated with our ticket replies was also added to an outlook mailbox. As tickets would come in the outlook mailbox would cause Jira to not recognize them as new. We could have resolved it a couple of ways, one being removing the mailbox from outlook or what we did was simply create an entirely new mailbox with new email address to set up in Jira.

Hope that helps someone.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

@Brandon E -

Welcome to the community.  Here are two places where you can check for the notification setup -

1) Access the project in question - go to Project settings >> Notifications.  From here you can see the notification scheme used for the project   Verify what is the setting for the "Issue Created" event to see if Reporter is included or not.

2) From Project settings >> Customer notifications.  From here, review what is the configuration setup for the "Request created" rule to see if it is setup properly that customer "reporter" is included.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Brandon E April 28, 2023

Thanks for the reply! I posted the resolution we found

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events