Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Virtual Agent

Lucas Navarro April 30, 2024

Hello Atlassian Community, hope everyone is doing great.

I want to start working with the Jira Virtual Agent to automatically create tickets when customers ask questions in a Slack Channel. This is enabled and working, but I want to automate the process a little bit more.

My question is.

It's possible to match the answer when you add the field "Ask for Information" to one of the Custom fields created in JIRA, and if it's possible how can we add those? There is an option when creating the Type Ask for information, but in fields, I've just had one option which is "How can we help?" and I'm not able to add or search the other fields created.

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 12.37.30 PM.png

Appreciate your help.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2024

@Lucas Navarro , Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The fields that the Virtual Agent can display on your form are the same fields that you have configured in the Request Type that is displayed on the portal for the requester.

If you intend to add an extra field in the Virtual Agent interface, consider adding this field first in the Request Type that will be available in the Customer Portal, then the field should appear for selection within the VA workflow. Bear in mind that not all field types are supported by Virtual Agent in this interface, but Select and Short text fields work very well

Hope this helps you.

Lucas Navarro May 15, 2024

Hey @Fernando Eugênio da Silva thanks for your answer.

I can confirm that I can now select the fields.

The issue was that the selected Issue Type for the VA was with a form, so I could not select the fields. Now I have changed it, and I can select different fields.

Appreciate your help.

Have a nice day!

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

@Lucas Navarro , great!!

Please, select the 'Accept Answer' to help others users to find this answer more quickly :)

Have a lovely day!

Lucas Navarro May 15, 2024

Hey @Fernando Eugênio da Silva , I tested it, and now I found another error/issue.

I've changed the request type for VA and created a new one with the name Access to software - VIRTUAL AGENT.

I've edited it and added the fields I want the VA to complete, as you can see in the screenshot; the problem now is that the VA from Slack doesn't create the ticket once I complete that information. Not sure what's happening, and I appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 10.36.59 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-15 at 10.33.49 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-15 at 10.37.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 10.39.50 AM.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2024

@Lucas Navarro

Have you tried leave the Summary field available? Have in mind that VA is using your 'Request Type' view to assume your behaviour. Maybe it's getting error from creation issue while he is not be able to set 'Summary'.

Your configuration it seems ok, BTW.

Do this test and let me know if the problem still persists.

Lucas Navarro May 16, 2024

Hey Fernando, I did it, but it's the same issue; when the chat starts, it never creates the ticket. Not sure what's happening here.

Something I noticed is that I cannot remove or edit the field Summary, not sure if this may be causing the issue as it's not completed that field.

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 10.15.43 AM.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2024

Hey @Lucas Navarro 

Your workflow it seems correct, just checking something more: Your request type is available on the customer portal? Not sure, but I've problem with VA before while my request type as hidden from the portal.

If this is ok, I recommend you open a ticket for Atlassian Support Team: Atlassian Support

It can be a infrastructure problem or something that we are not seeing here :(

Lucas Navarro May 17, 2024

No, the request was unavailable in the customer portal. I just added it and tried again, but I had no luck.

Well, Fernando, thank you for your help, going to create a ticket and see if they can help me.

I appreciate your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events