Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management (Service Desk) and Jira Software (Internal) Integration

Jay Mercurio July 6, 2023

Hi Experts,

Below requirements were received and I would like to seek of your inputs / expertise on it.

• An issue from Jira Software (Internal) will be manually linked to an issue in Jira Service Management (Service Desk).
  • By doing so, certain fields in Jira Service Management (Service Desk) are expected to be populated with values of corresponding fields from Jira Software (Internal) rather than manually populating them.

Jira Service Management & Jira Software Integration - AS-IS.pngJira Service Management & Jira Software Integration - TO-BE.png

Queries

• Is above request possible with integration between Jira Service Management and Jira Software?
  • If yes, what are the possible steps that can be considered / taken into?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Jay

4 comments

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2023

Hi @Jay Mercurio ,

This is certainly possible, you need to use Jira Automation to do so.

When an issue is linked, And destination project = A and source project = B then copy values from fields (see below, I've chosen baseline end & start date to be copied).

image.png

Like # people like this

Thanks, @Rudy Holtkamp! I'll inform the team about it as I see it as an ideal solution over RPA.

Like # people like this
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2023

Hi @Jay Mercurio ,

Welcome to the community.

the Jira Service Management and Jira Software modules run in 1 application, in 1 Jira.

The custom fields that are set up can be used in both a jira service management and a jira software project.
If issues are linked to each other, an automation rule can be activated that copies the contents of the fields from one issue to another.
The requirements set can therefore easily be realized in Jira as mentioned by @Rudy Holtkamp .

regards, Marco

Like # people like this

Thanks, @Marco Brundel! Noted on that as well.

Like # people like this
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2023

Hi @Jay Mercurio

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

I believe the solutions already shared here should be good enough to work as long as your Service Management and Software projects are on the same Jira instance. Another way to do this would be via an integration app such as Exalate - with this option, all the synchronization is possible even if your Service Desk and Software projects are on completely different Jira instances. 

Hope it helps. 

Thanks

Majid

Like Jay Mercurio likes this
Jay Mercurio August 3, 2023
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2023

@Jay Mercurio hey. Just to add another option for exploration - ZigiOps(you can check it at the atlassian marketpace). It's 100% no-code and does not store any of the transferred data. ZigiOps connects jira instances right away, syncs their data (issues, tickets, tasks, etc) automatically in no time. You can test ZigiOps's capabilities via the free trial version

Regards, Diana 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events