Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management - Reporting issues by priority over time?

Phillip C April 30, 2024

We use Jira Service Management and are failing to understand how to report on issues created over time and grouping them by priority.

For example, I would like to see for the past 30 days, each day the number of open tickets, based on their priority. I'd need this in a line graph so it can be interpreted at a glance.

This will help understand trends of our product.

1 answer

0 votes
Ben Finn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2024

hI @Phillip C ,

Have the investigated the dashboards? Unfortunately out of box there aren't very many complex charts like you're talking about but you could create a few different "Recently Created Chart" Dashboards. Each one being daily for the last 30 days and using a filter so that each one only shows issues related to one specific priority level. Thoughts?

Phillip C May 6, 2024

Hey, appreciate the reply. Unfortunately no this wouldn't help, as tickets are created based on their priority, they are triaged. So created priority would be wrong to use that for reporting.

This is incredibly frustrating, as it's such a needed report to understand how your business/product is going, but there isn't anything available to get totals for tickets over time. I'm either going against the grain or this area of Atlassian is completely missed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events