Jira Service Management Portal and customers without email

Harald Heinz May 23, 2023

Hi,

the portal view of JSM can be visible to customers (with email) or even being set public as far as I know.

How can I make it independent from the viewer (public or customer) not having to provide an email.
And if setting it to public is the only option, how can I then still restrict it to a certain circle of persons / a company without using email addresses.

Thanks, 

Harald

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marini Marini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Harald Heinz 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I believe you can use Jira Issue Collector for allowing the public to raise a request without having to provide their email address. In the Issue Collector, you can set the default reporter to a registered dummy customer/agent or bot user.

Note that issues created via Jira Issue Collector are tied to Jira Issue Type. Thus, you will need an automation rule in order to set the Request Type, so, that the issue will become a proper JSM issue.

Refer to the following:

Cheers,

Marini

Harald Heinz May 25, 2023

Hi Marini, Thanks!

Ok, in our case we use Jira Service Management just to display a Wiki from Confluence. No usage of requests or tickets - so we turned this feature off.

But I guess from my research that it is not possible for readers to have no email and somehow restrict it to a certain viewership.

Regards,

Harald

Marini Marini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2023

Hi @Harald Heinz 

Yes, you are correct. Every user/customer in the Atlassian cloud platform (Jira, Confluence, JSM, Opsgenie, etc.) is tied to an Atlassian ID. Each Atlassian ID is tied to a valid email address. Thus, to have access to an Atlassian cloud instance, having a valid email address is needed.

Cheers,

Marini

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events