Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Request Export to Word does not show JPGs

Omar Seyied May 22, 2023

I am looking to export the entire Jira request to Word to send to the customer and am having issues with everything properly populating. Is there a way to get the images that were attached to the request to also export to Word format?

The images show up as a small Red X with a message that "The linked image cannot be displayed."

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

@Omar Seyied -

Welcome to the community.  I believe one route you can try is to select "Print" instead of "Export to Word".  It will generate a HTML version of the issue for you, then you can print it "Save as PDF" (not actually print a hard copy of the file).  Afterward you can send the PDF to your customer.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Omar Seyied May 22, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin 

Hi Joseph, I appreciate the prompt response! I finally got it to work, for some reason my internet browser wasn't producing a proper HTML link to the Print request. A simple restart fixed the problem.

The only other critical issue I have is related to hiding/removing certain parts of the request. If we were to use the Jira platform as an internal service software and then we need to share the request with certain parts redacted to the customer, do we have that capability? Exporting to Word would allow us to manually delete certain comments or parts of the request but export to PDF will show everything related to the request and thus it becomes difficult to edit a PDF to send to the customer.

Appreciate the help!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

@Omar Seyied -

Out of the box, it is not possible to restrict what part(s) is included/excluded during the export issue process.  You will need to check Atlassian Marketplace for possible third parties paid add-ons to support your customization of exported content needs.

If my suggestion helped you, then please click on Accept answer when you have a chance, so others with similar asks will see this posting as an answered question.

Best, Joseph

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

@Omar Seyied -

You are welcome.  We are here to assist you to our best ability.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events