Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Knowledge Base setup with Confluence issue

Hendra Liu December 20, 2022

Hi,

I have tried to link my Jira SM Knowledge Base to use Confluence base on this instruction https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-knowledge-base-permissions-from-your-service-project/, and it worked.

However, when I tried to change "Who can view" setting to "All logged-in users" it gave me an error like below. I remember when I tried it once for testing purpose and it worked but when I changed it back it didn't. Did I miss anything?

jira-conf-error.jpg

Thanks.

Regards,

Hendra

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hendra Liu February 20, 2023

I managed to make it work by re-creating the space from Jira SM instead from Confluence itself.

What I did:

- Delete the space previously created from Confluence

- From Jira SM on project --> settings --> Knowledge Base I created the new Space from there

I'm able to use the "All logged-in users" now, by default it will be this option. 

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

Hi @Hendra Liu

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The Anyone option has restrictions to it, you need to be on Confluence Standard plan or higher, and you have to enable anonymous access in Confluence. Have a look at this KB for more information regarding viewing permissions for knowledge base.

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for your reply, as mentioned in my question, I only want to change it to "All logged-in users" and the KB you mentioned is the same as I mentioned as well. Thanks.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

Okay, so you may want to try and change the setting in an incognito window to see if it works there. You could also try clearing your browser cache and history to see if that works.

Hi Mikael,

I just tried your suggestions and didn't work as well. I tried:

- Clearing browser cache & cookies

- Change the setting in incognito window

- Tried on other browser Edge

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2022

@Mikael Sandberg 

I've been corresponding with another user in another post who has the same problem. They also don't want to enable Anonymous access for the Confluence space as they want only customers logged in to the Portal to be able to access the Confluence information.

I've not been able to figure out the issue.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Customer-Access-to-Knowledge-Base-created-in-Confluence-through/qaq-p/2217996

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events