Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Access to Knowledge Base created in Confluence through JIRA Service Management Portal

Kristian December 15, 2022

We are trying to give customers access to our Knowledge Base created in confluence through our Service Project by following the instructions on the following link: 
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-knowledge-base-permissions-from-your-service-project/

We adjust the access from Confluence side to the following:

image.png

And this is how the linked space appears when looking at it from the JIRA Service Management Side:

image.png

(I do suspect that this 'Who can view' limitation is the issue as it seems to refer to a different User Type than the one described below). 

Our Customers have Access as 'Service Desk Customers' in the relevant Service Project and access through the front-end Portal like this:  

image.png

Our expectation is that they could search within the linked Knowledge Base when creating a Request from the Portal.

What can we do to grant our customers access to search our linked Knowledge Base from the JIRA Service Management Portal without giving the whole world access to the knowledge base or having to make them all Users either of Confluence or JIRA. 

2 answers

0 votes
Kristian December 19, 2022

image.png

This is how the portal appears, with the following URL

<our name>.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

If I grant my own user Confluence access I get hits from the knowledge base by searching in this seach-box, but as said above we just want our customers to be Portal Users with access to report tickets, check status on tickets and search our knowledge base.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hello @Kristian 

Welcome to the community.

Do you require your customers to login to your service desk portal to open issues?

Are the above options not enabling your customers to search your KB? What are the customers seeing?

Kristian December 15, 2022

Hi,
Yes, we require them to log in. 
They see the search for the help, but don't have any hits on Articles. If I give them Confluence access they see all relevant articles.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

Are you using Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server/Data Center?

Kristian December 17, 2022

Confluence Cloud and Jira Service Management Cloud. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2022

I still have not figured this out, but it seems you are not the only person facing this problem.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Jira-Knowledge-Base-setup-with-Confluence-issue/qaq-p/2221835

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events