Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Email Subject

Alessia Cauvin November 17, 2021

Hello everyone

I have a question concerning the object/subject of the email that Jira Service Project send to the client according to the settings. 

Having clients with automated system set up to identify the subject of the email and redirect them to the internal team dedicated to it, I need to customise the Email settings on Jira to have an email's subject that is always the same (for example : Customer Service or the name of the board). 

For what I saw and understood the customisation of the email does not permit to eliminate the "Issue key" that has always to be in the subject....but if it is so, every subject of the email will be every time different due to different "Issue key". 

Does anyone now if is possible to costumes the email subject on Jira to the point that you can independently choose what to write in it (without the Issue key) ? 

Any ideas or help are kindly appreciated 

Thank you in advance 

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 13.38.17.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2021

The issue key is required to ensure that any replies are treated as comments in the issue rather than creating a new issue. I I am unaware of any means of removing the issue key.

Alessia Cauvin November 18, 2021

Yes, I got the confirmation I needed 

Thank you 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events