Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Custom UI App Stalling on requestJira Invocation - Possible Permission Issues

Lennart Bart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 5, 2023

I've recently experienced a fatal issue that prevents me from publishing/testing any new Jira Custom UI applications. This issue persists across all the projects I deploy. Even sample code doesn't deploy correctly.

I'm able to create/register my app without any problems, and I've double-checked my manifest for potential errors. I can deploy and install the app into Jira Cloud successfully. However, when I try to access the app, it stalls whenever requestJira is invoked. There's no console error; the app simply becomes unresponsive. Through debugging, I was able to confirm that the requestJira function is where it stalls.

I suspect the error might be related to permissions. When running forge install, I receive the following warning:
"The scopes or egress URLs in the manifest are different from the scopes in your most recent deployment to development. Try running forge deploy -e development before installing."
However, redeploying doesn't resolve this warning. Also, forge lint shows no errors. Another odd thing is that while the app isn't listed as a connected app, it does appear in the list of installed apps.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

1 answer

1 vote
Judd Garratt - Path of Trees
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 8, 2023

Hi Lennart,

I'm not 100% sure on the problem here, but I have experienced some similar-ish scope problems myself. For me the fix was to completely uninstall the app from the instance, add a scope to the manifest (even if unneeded), redeploy (forge deploy then forge install --upgrade) and then reinstall the app.

I've also seen suggestions to try creating a new app (forge create) and copy over the codebase.

If the above doesn't work, I'd suggest reposting this question in the Forge category on Developer Community.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events