Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud change management (service project)

Mohammed Abdul June 7, 2022

Hi All, 

I am quite new to Jira (month) I have been looking at ways at improving our existing Change management within the Service project.

I wanted to know if this is achievable or not or if there is way? See below for the scenario:

When engineer fills out Change Management initially we have set that they need to fill out all the details ( including planned start date and Planned end date) so it is populated in the Change calendar. I noticed there is a tab called "schedule" next to "General" where all the change fields are (see screenshot below). I wanted to have process where where the system captures when the change actually began and finished (when engineer closes the change) so we can run report against it so we can see if engineers are actually sticking to their plan start and end date. let me know if this makes sense any assistance would be appreciated or if there is another way where when we start implementation the agent needs to fill this field in and before he closes the change he must fill in the change completion date so we can monitor it for future improvement.

Thanks everyone for any assistance :)

Change start date and end date.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Mohammed Abdul,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can set the start and completion date automatically either as a post function or via an automation. For example when the engineer moves transition the change to Implementing the start date is automatically set, and when change is moved to completed the Completed date is set. Here is an example of an automation we use to set the completion date:

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 2.27.40 PM.png 

Mohammed Abdul June 10, 2022

@Mikael Sandberg  Thank you so much for helping this worked as I ended doing the post function automation. 

Your star thanks again :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events