Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation: Issue field values not migrating to asset object

Haig Aboyan April 11, 2023

I have created an automation which runs when a new issue is created. The automation takes the information that was populated within the issue and creates a new object and assigns values to the attributes to that object. The values of those attributes are directly pulled from the issue that was created. The values for the fields below is what im trying to transfer into the object.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 5.15.59 PM.png

However, when I run the automation with the 'Create Object' actions with the following smart values, {{issue.Restricted Party Screening}} pulls in the correct value but no value is populated for {{issue.Does vendor need insurance?}} . Note: {{issue.Restricted Party Screening}} and {{issue.Does vendor need insurance?}} are of the same field type within the request form.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 5.17.51 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-11 at 5.20.14 PM.png

Is there something I'm missing to allow this value to be captured and pulled into the automation?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Haig Aboyan,

An educated guess, but could it be related to the ? that you have in the custom field name? I am not sure how smart values deals with that, but I would try to remove that from the field name and try again.

Hope this helps! 

Haig Aboyan April 12, 2023

Removed the question mark from the request field. Needed admin access but we resolved the issue.

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events