Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM to Jira integeration

Maha vishnu v March 31, 2022

Hello Communtity folks , 

We are with Jira software On-premise with 2000 user licenses 

We are managing Internal members in LDAP and External members ( Clients) in Jira internal directory 

Current Lincense usage : 

Internal : 1200 

External : 800 

Since , License consumed fully in Jira Software and my company is only willing  to go with 2000 User license for internal development & product development teams and dont want to go for Next bucket for 10K  . 

Besides , We are also using JSM CLOUD with 50 agents for ITSM management . 

my organisation , Wants my External user to create & manage their tickets ( Development Task,Story,Bug, Feature ,Enhancements ) thru JSM to Jira by integerating . 

is this possible to achieve  ? 

For the moment ,

1 , We are doing POC using Exalate and have installed Exalate in both On-premise and Cloud . 

2 , Created Exterprise project template and customer created with their organisation .

So ,Whenever the specific customer raised ticket it would falls in their organisation and Customer success manager would be placed as JSM agent would manually exalated to Concerned Jira project . 

This how it goes ..... Is this correct approach to manage external users without extending Jira license tier ? 

We would likely to get correct navigation ... Please advice . 

2 answers

3 votes
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2022

Hi @Maha vishnu v

This is Majid @ Exalate.

I believe, yes, on the face of it, this should be the correct approach to deal with the user licensing. But there can be many caveats and different implementations. For instance, by default when you Exalate the issue the assignee field is blank and the reporter is marked as Exalate (the integration user) - this could even reduce the stress further on the user tier if that the main requirement here. If you would like to discuss your use case further, please feel free to book a demo with us.

Thanks

Majid

1 vote
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

Hi @Maha vishnu v

as Syed also already mentioned, your approach sounds like a feasible approach to the problem. I'd also recommend to create a PoC where you try out how you can collaborate with the new tool you're evaluating.

If you want to, you could bring in not only Exalate, but also other issue sync apps to see which one you like best and which one fits your requirements.

Cheers,
Matthias

PS: I'm part of the team behind Backbone Issue Sync.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events