Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM - Create SLA Programmatically

Marina Ferraz McCashin October 21, 2021

Hi folks

I have been working through this tutorial here: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-automation-rule-components/ but I am now at the next point where I want to create my own SLA. 

However, for all my research and poking around I don't believe this is possible. 

Can anyone confirm if I can programmatically create/install an SLA for projects in an addon? 

Is it possible to create an SLA using the REST API? 

Any feedback is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Marina. 

1 answer

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

@Marina Ferraz McCashin -

Instead of trying to create SLA rule outside of your JSM project.  Why don't you just create/configure SLA setup using the JSM project's SLA UI interface?

Project settings >> SLAs

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Marina Ferraz McCashin October 26, 2021

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

I actually have an app idea that I want to test out, but it relies on being able to create the SLAs, the auto-rules around them and then perform certain actions from there.

It's something I'm hoping to put on the marketplace so asking the users to create the SLA using the UI really doesn't work from a user perspective. 

Thanks for the suggestion though! 

Marina. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events