Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

JSM: Copying a Forms field populated with a data connection to an existing customfield

Fabian Lim Community Leader Mar 09, 2022

We are trying to use a Form field that is populated to a data connection to a Jira custom field.

The Forms field looks as follows:

forms_view.png

Ideally, we thought we could copy this value to an existing custom field, but we get the following error:

forms_data_connection.PNG

Now, the question is is there a script or post function where we can strip the value of the forms field and copy it to an existing custom field? Looks like Automation doesn't have any options at this point.  

cc: @Peter Preston 

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Fabian Lim 

This is something we've been discussing. I can't share any timelines, but it's on the roadmap.

Can't speak to a script that would get you what you need, but will report back if I find something that could help.

Fabian Lim Community Leader Mar 09, 2022

Thanks for the update.

Like # people like this

Came poking around looking for the same functionality. This would be a fantastic feature to have and would make Forms much more powerful.

Like # people like this
Muhammet Ayal Community Leader May 12, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston is there any feature issue for this?

@Muhammet Ayal do you mean a feature request ticket? Not that I know of right now. I've discussed this functionality with the product team, but don't have any updates to share. 

Hi @Peter Preston 

Any news about being able to copy the value of a form field to a custom field? That would be great...Forms does and doesn't work because we don't get the information for indicators for example.

@Karoline Rezende Ramos no news yet. 

Like Karoline Rezende Ramos likes this

Any workarounds someone can think of ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events