Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Reading a Forms(ProForma) field value without the JSON tab

This workaround is meant to help customers who were used to working with the JSON tab provided by ThinkTilt(ProForma) and which is now being modified to use in Jira Forms. And also, to help new Forms customers to be able to get the forms fields ID.

As this feature is being changed and probably will bring support to Automation for Jira to access form contents with SmartValues. You can use the Entity Property Tool for Jira to be able to inspect the form data. This should allow you to continue to build your automation, for example.
Note: This tool is not officially supported, so please be careful how you work with these properties as you can easily break a form by changing the JSON.

Important related documentation:

Use forms in Jira Service Management
ProForma & A4J
How AFJ works
Smart values

Workaround steps:

With the Entity Property Tool for Jira installed it only will be needed to add the form, that you desire to get the IDs, in a ticket and go into the Entity properties tab, as I show on the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 12.19.37.png

The structure to access data, where AAA is the question ID number (not the Question Key defined in the form builder) is:

• Text/Email/URL/Number Fields: {{issue.properties."proforma.forms.i1".state.answers.AAA.text}}

• Date Fields: {{issue.properties."proforma.forms.i1".state.answers.AAA.date}}

• Time Fields: {{issue.properties."proforma.forms.i1".state.answers.AAA.time}}

• Name of a user: {{issue.properties."proforma.forms.i1".state.answers.AAA.users.get(0).name}}

• Choice Fields: {{issue.properties."proforma.forms.i1".state.answers.AAA.choices.get(0)}}

• Note this will only return the ID associated with the choice rather than the text.

• The text of the selected choice value is stored is difficult for Automation for Jira to retrieve. It is stored as:
      issue.properties."proforma.forms.i1".questions.choices

So, on the Entity property box, you will see: "proforma.forms.i1", "proforma.forms.i2"(it will probably be "1", which is a reference to the first form in the list, if it is the second form, it will be "2" then "3" and so on...):

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 12.26.45.png

Using a code editor like Sublime you can paste the form properties and look for the fields that you desire and get the IDs, as I show on the screen recording below:

3 comments

Does this actually work now? All the reviews in the marketplace say this app doesn't work. 

Like Bruno Altenhofen likes this

Hey @ama

I hope your week is going well!

The ProForma app isn’t more available on the Atlassian Marketplace. As part of the integration between ProForma and Atlassian, it is now natively available in Jira Service Management projects as the new Forms.

Also for more information on the new availabilities of Forms for JSM, JWM, and JSW products, we will be updating our users via email and also our roadmap here: Atlassian cloud roadmap

Thanks! :D

Nice Article!

ProForma Legend, Bruno!

Like Bruno Altenhofen likes this

Comment

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events