JQL Query to find out issues of a particular issue type linked to a particular issue type

Aman June 28, 2021

Hi,

I need to find out the JQL query to identify the issues of a particular issue type that are linked to another particular issue type.

For example, I need to find the number of incidents that are linked to any change tickets or the number of incidents that are linked to any problems.

Thanks in advance.

Aman

2 answers

1 vote
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2021

There are 2 options to get that:

• with custom JQL functions. In server I used the addon myGroovy to write any JQL I needed. I'm not sure how to do this in cloud but I assume some other plugin must exist that covers that niche. This implies coding and a bit of research about the methods you can use to get information related to any jira issue.
  • modeling your relations in order to search with vanilla JQL, which can only search by "link type". You could for example create "link type A" = "associated to problem" and then simply search by issuetype in ("incident") AND issueLinkType in ("associated to problem")
0 votes
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 29, 2021

Hi Aman,

If you want this search to be dynamic and you need to perform it regularly, you may want to consider our indexing service:

After you install the app you can run a query like this:

type=Incident issue in linkedIssuesOfQuery("type=Change", "relates to")

The query should return all incidents that are linked with "relates to" with the change tickets. You can specify a different link name as well. You can find out more in our docs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events