Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA service desk is not showing service request number in customer portal.

Marcel Heijblom October 12, 2021

I believe a recent update somehow removed the feature for a customer to directly see the JIRA service number.

So if our customers would like to respond to an open service request then they need to look for the number very carefully.

Is it possible to attach a screenshot to this entry?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

Hi @Marcel Heijblom ,

Can you bit a bit more specific? By Jira service number you mean the issue key? If possible please provide a screenshot as to where your customers could see that number. An kindly provide the jsm version of your instance.

Marcel Heijblom October 12, 2021

Hi Alex,

Atlassian Jira Project Management Software (v8.17.1). Here is the screenshot, this is what the customer sees:

SDR_not_showing_number.jpg

And if they narrow down the number of open service desk requests, then it is clear to them to what they are responding to:

SDR_not_showing_number_02.jpg

Hope this helps,

Marcel

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

@Marcel Heijblom thanx for clarifying this. Question: Does this occur to all your customers, or to just one? What browser are they using? Are you able to reproduce it if you login as a customer (incognito window)? To my instance, there is no such problem. I've even try to put my test account only as request participant and I was able to view the issue key:

ticket key.png

Marcel Heijblom October 13, 2021

Hi Alex,

It is with every customer request. I have just tried with the option to view a customer request within the service request itself. I am using the latest Google Chrome browser (Versie 94.0.4606.81 (Officiële build) (64-bits)).

I will file this with Atlassian Support, appreciated your prompt responses.

Best regards,

Marcel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events