Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Dashboard , Some people can't view the reports

Harrica Rion November 17, 2022

Hi Guys,

I have some problem again related with JIRA Dashboard.
Currently we have some Report & Pie Chart on the Dashboard.

But there's problem . it is some People can't view the report on dashboard.
I Already set Viewer on both Dashboard and Filter. I make it My Organization (as I want this is visible to all of my Organization).

The report that they can't see are : 

• average time to resolution
  • resolved tickets
  • average first response
  • priority comparison

This report related with a group project.
And other report they can see it.
e.g there's 8 report. They can see 3 reports, but this 4 report they can't see it.
The 4 reports that they can't see have notification and it said : 
" An Unknown Error Occurred"
" You do not have permission to view reports on this service project."

I already make the user can see the the report and Browse Project on Project Permission already change to "JIRA Software Users & Jira Service Desk Users". but it still not works

After that, I checked the Global permission and already grant the access for "JIRA Software Users & Jira Service Desk Users" to the global permission "Share Dashboard & Filters". and It still not works

I checked with permission helper some users that can't view the reports, and it said that user already have access for browse project.  As I see on this documentation

"Customize Jira Service Management permissions" , Browse Project for JIRA Service desk team can view Report, SLA, and the issue on that project.

And the weird things are, I crosscheck with Permission Helper and access of some user that can view the reports and  the user that can't view the report. Their Access are same but some can't view the reports. Even 1 of the user already have access as Jira Admin.

Can you please help me to solve this issues?
Thank you

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2022

Hi Harrica,

Users need to have access to both the Dashboard and the Filters being used in the Dashboard. Those are two separate requirements. The Permission Scheme does not grant access to Filters - you have to do that directly with the Filters themselves. 

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching me out.
Do you mean access on the Dashboard and the Filter?
Sorry I missed info.
Before I already set for the access to My Organization for both the Dashboard & Filter. but its not works
Bellow attached Dashboard viewer setting as My Organization. it same with Filters

Which one that I need to grant access for that?6F797EDF-9789-4FFF-8A0E-7B0A07B1BDA5.jpeg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2022

Can you share the actual error the user is getting? A screenshot would be best. 

Harrica Rion November 20, 2022

Hi John, 

Sure .  Here WhatsApp Image 2022-11-17 at 2.07.31 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-11-17 at 2.08.02 PM.jpegsome images hope it can help.

Thank you

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2022

It definitely looks like a permission problem. What role do the users have on the project? Are they Agents? Customers? Something else? Do they have Browse Project permissions on the project in the Permission Scheme? 

Harrica Rion November 22, 2022

Hi John,

Yes the roles are different.
There's user with customer roles, there's user with service desk team roles.
Is it because of the user roles. did they need to become service desk team ?
But, User with Service Desk Team roles have problem can't view the SLA reports

Thank you

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2022

Yes, they will probably need to be service desk team role. Also, it might be that the user must be an Agent to see the SLA reports. Granting a user to be an Agent is done in User Management by someone with Site Admin permissions. 

Harrica Rion December 18, 2022

Hey John.. 

Sorry for the late reply, im sick this past week.

Well noted John, I already tried and its works.

Thanks a lot 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2022

Great! Glad it is working. 

0 votes
duke_le May 3, 2024

For "Service Project Reports", the user needs:

1. Jira Service Management - Agent ((under the user’s detail)
  2. Service Desk Team (under the project)

I had this same issue where I created Dashboard with widgets using the reports you mentioned but users not in the project cannot see them. Add the users to the above two resolved the issue.

• average time to resolution
  • resolved tickets
  • average first response
0 votes
shiva kumar Shiva Gosul November 17, 2022

Yes, reason is. While you creating you did not select "Viewers" 

Now,

1. Go to Dashboard, Click 3 dots top right and select "Edit Dashboard"
  2. In "Add Viewers",  select "Group" in first dropdown then select "ANT-JIRA-USERS" in second dropdown. after that click "Add" button
  3. Finally hit "Update" button

Re-share this update link to Jira users (Make sure, recipient has access to your project)

Hi Shiva,

Thank you for reaching me out. 
Sorry I forgot to info. for the viewer, yes I already make the viewer for Dashboard and Filter as "My organization".

So I want all this dashboard and report visibile for all or my Organization.

Did I need to change it as a group?

Thank you

0 votes

btw, here some images.

Hope it complete data that you need.17227A99-9168-4DF3-8D3A-7295806C7AE1.jpegBA9776EF-5C02-4600-92A1-EEA9913899FD.jpeg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events