Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues have disappeared from my backlog

Tamsin Broughton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 9, 2022

having bulk changed some statuses and changed the workflow of an in-flight scrum project (not set up by me), including deleting 'to do' - this seemed to move everything that was 'to do' to 'blocker' (I should have pressed no at this bit! but I didn't) - i subsequently lost all my issues from the backlog.

I can still see them in 'all issues' all with the correct statuses now (changed blockers back to 'to do') but I cannot work out how to move the issues back into the backlog either individually or ideally in bulk (the ones with the 'to do' status) 

Thanks for any help!

1 answer

1 vote
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2022

Hi @Tamsin Broughton 

Welcome to the community

Lookt at the board filter to make sure that your issue map this filter.

Tamsin Broughton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 9, 2022

Hi and thanks. 

I cannot see 'board filter' anywhere?  Just 'configure board' which does not contain filters and I cannot see 'board settings' anywhere either. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2022

Boards have different types and settings along with projects.

My guess is that you are in a "team managed project" (look to the bottom left of the screen in the navigation panel, it'll say team or company), which have limited board configuration - they don't work from configurable filters, they work on a simple "project = XYZ", so you can ignore the bit about filters.

In configure board though, you should see "columns", which shows the mappings between status and columns.  For an issue to appear on a board or in a backlog, its current status must be mapped into a column.  In other words, check the first panel with "unassigned status" is empty - all status are mapped to a column.

Take another look at your board and backlog once you've checked all status are mapped.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events