Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with email replies after moving tickets to new project

Ollie Spragg January 11, 2023

We are hoping to merge two projects into one. This involves moving all open tickets from (Project B) into (Project A)

However, while doing some testing, I have noticed an issue.

If a user has a ticket open in (Project B), and we move it to (Project A), if they reply to an email notification generated by the original ticket in (Project B) it doesn't add a comment to the new ticket in (Project A). It actually creates a whole new ticket in (Project B).

Is there a way to fix this properly?

Or does someone have a suggestion on how to handle it?

relevant info: Project B currently has around 50 open tickets that this would affect. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

@Ollie Spragg Interesting issue.  Are the two projects on the same JSM instance?  I have moved issues and never had this issue if they are on the same instance as the email handler will route it properly.  If they are on different instances then I can see it being an issue as the email handler will not know anything about the other email address.  If it is on a separate instance I would suggest moving and then bulk emailing the users on the issues that were moved letting them know that they need to reply to the latest email response.

Ollie Spragg January 12, 2023

Thanks @Brant Schroeder 

I assume they're in the same instance, the same group gives access to both. (Sorry, fairly new at using Jira).

Guess we'll just have to email users for all the tickets, and hope they only respond to the new ones.

thanks

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2023

@Ollie Spragg you can always submit a support issue to Atlassian.  They could take a look and make sure that there are no issues.  https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events