Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue transition based upon existing approval status

J Ellwood April 22, 2024

Hi,

I'm having trouble with an automation whereby I would like to transition the status of an issue based upon whether it has been previously approved or not following its original creation.  We can have a situation where additional information is required from our customer before an issue can be resolved and depending upon whether the ticket had been previously approved or not would determine the transition to state (OPEN if not previously approved, or AWAITING DEV if approved previously.) See workflow below which transitions all issues to OPEN.  Not sure if the issue approval status is dropped at some point of if there is a way to query issue approval status to observe its current status or existence.  Appreciate any support available.

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2024

Hi @J Ellwood 

Did you check the History of the issue to see if the Approval is getting set and possibly cleared later? 

J Ellwood April 22, 2024

Hi @John Funk ,

I had checked the approvals history as below

image.png

and also the main issue history, as you can see the approval was 09:43 and the automation set the transition at 09:48 to open instead of awaiting dev.

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

You should probably add a log action to check the value of the approval.decision. 

J Ellwood April 25, 2024

Hi @John Funk 

The {{approval.decision}} field is empty even though I have previously completed the approval step.  I would have thought that is should contain something relating to approved/rejected/not yet approved.

Any ideas as I've checked in the audit log automation step for available issue fields and {{approval.decision}} is listed (see directly below)

image.png

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events