Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue pages refresh every few seconds

Douglas Brill August 10, 2022

Over the last few days, when accessing a ticket through a link (Search for open issues, click on an issue to open it's page), the issue page refreshes every  few seconds.

I cannot read anything on the page as it keeps refreshing.

When accessing an issue page by searching for the issue number directly, the page does not refresh and works as expected.

I do see that this started happening on the same date as the last Chrome update to Version 104.0.5112.81.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

1 answer

0 votes
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2022

I don't think Chrome could have such impact directly, maybe one of the browser extensions - you can check that in incognito mode. Or ask other Jira users, if they are experiencing same problem.

When you exclude browser impact, then maybe some Jira app was automatically updated and it's causing such issues.

You can check for any updates in audit log (on Manage Apps page, under list of apps), then you can go to certain app marketplace listing to check if there are any release notes, which are 'possibly' related to the issue.

Let us know about your findings.

Douglas Brill August 11, 2022

Thanks Łukasz for the reply.

I have tried with all extensions disabled AND in incognito mode.  The page still refreshes every few seconds.

Others in my organization are not experiencing the same problem.  This would rule out the impact of apps. 

This leads me to believe that the issue may be specific to my laptop.   I will check on a few other machines to see if I encounter the same issue on the same version of Chrome.

Jira Service Manager works as expected on Bing and Mozilla Firefox.

Douglas Brill August 11, 2022

I did more troubleshooting: I tried my old laptop with an older version of Chrome, the screen still refreshed.

We tried a colleagues Jira Login on my laptop and the screen also refreshed.  The alternate, my Jira Login on a different laptop, the screen did not refresh.

The only common item was my Google account on Chrome. 

I tried using a Guest account on Chrome and it worked fine, no screen refreshes.

I then noticed that Chrome was blocking Atlassian cookies. I enabled all cookies for the Atlassian site and everything is working correctly.

The new Chrome version has new security features. When I opted in, I guess it blocked the Atlassian cookies.

Conclusion All is working correctly now after enabling Atlassian Cookies.

Like # people like this
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2022

Great investigation! 

Damnnn cookies ;) 

Like Douglas Brill likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events