Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Key Smart Tag not consistent in Automation

Marc Blascak November 1, 2021

I have 2 Automation rules running:

both are using the {{issue.key}} to insert the correspondent issue number in the body.  One is in an email, one is in a comment.

the rules are functioning just fine.  However, I get a different result using the {{issue.key}} smart tag in each rule

In one rule, automation sends an email directly to the reporter.  The {{issue.key}} smart tag in the email body generates just the issue number (HEL-1234) for example.  Which is what i want

In the other rule, automation is inserting a comment into the issue ticket, which then sends a notification to the reporter.  However the  {{issue.key}} smart tag in this case generates a full URL, which i don't want.  I would like the commented text to display just the issue number (as stated above when emailed) 

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2021

Hi @Marc Blascak

Try creating a variable with the new create variable action: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automation-actions/#Automationactions-Createvariable

Then see if it displays the key string when it's used in the comments.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events