Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to add the multi-select-cascading-select field in the JIR service desk.

Christina King September 26, 2022

I am trying to add an option to muliti select different options but I only see the parent and child which doesn't work for me as I would be adding that to 60 different options. 

4 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hi Christina - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you explain a little more about what you have done so far, what you are trying to do, and what is not working for you? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

As Dave says, you can't go 3 deep like that with just the cascading field type. However, you can add a Form since it is Jira Service Management. In the Form you can do multiple levels deep using Sections in the form to do conditional options. 

Christina King September 27, 2022

Let me rephrase my question...  if there's any way to trigger a cascading field off a checkbox selection?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2022

Within the ProForma Form in JSM, yes. 

You add the checkbox field, and then add a section for each value of the checkbox that then shows the cascading field in the that section. I believe you can then limit the options that are available in the cascading field at that point. But you would need to test that out with one. 

If you link the cascading field to the actual Jira cascading field, it might not let you limit the options, and will bring in the entire list in the cascading field. If it does that, then I would just create a simple drop down field in the form and control the values there. 

Like Joseph Chung Yin likes this
1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2022

Hi @Christina King welcome to the Atlassian Community!

A cascading select list is single choice only, you cannot have multiple choices in the sub-level of a cascading select list.

Does that answer your question?

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2022

@Christina King -

Welcome to the community.  The out of the box custom field type (cascade select list) is only for single option selection only (one parent and one child).  You may want to look into the marketplace for any third party paid add-on to fulfill your need.

Currently, there is an outstanding enhancement request on the Atlassian side for this type of functionality - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-37665.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Christina King September 26, 2022

@John Funk Hi John, I added an option and within the option, I'm trying to add sub options and then be able to multiselect more than one option/sub option.  the option for parent/child does not work for me as I can't do multi select within the dropdowns as it only allows for one option to be selected. image.pngimage.png  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events