Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an Issue Type for SMART+ projects?

Andrew Parrott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2024

I'd like to start defining "SMART" or "SMARTER" projects in JIRA, which follow these conventions;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria

Do these Issue Type definitions or templates already exist for use? Has anyone already designed them for "Plug-and-Play" into any given JIRA instance?

It would be nice if these could be plumbed in as selectable Issue Types, much like Bug & Story, which are immediately available, until being enabled for use.

SMART and SMARTER have been around a while, but this would aid in using a single tool to capture originating project definitions within JIRA itself - alongside work and service tickets, albeit they may be delivered in linked Confluence Project Pages.

Any thoughts on this - would this be useful for a wider audience?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2024

Hi Andrew - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, those don't come out of the box, but they are easy enough to add and then start using. It would be much simpler and reusable if you used Company-managed projects instead of Team-managed. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events