Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to retrieve data retrospectively for reporting after you setup dashboard?

lapacquah.bryant October 18, 2022

Hello,

I setup a Jira Cloud - Service Mgmt. project however did not setup Dashboard using gadget, Filter Results until afterwards.  Is there a JQL I can use to retrieve information prior to the Dashboard setup.  Customer need to retrieve tickets based on email or phone number, however Dashboard only shows information generated yesterday, which is the day I created dashboard.  

I also created custom fields associated with email and number yesterday.

Thank you.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2022

Your filter that you are using on your dashboard will only return data based on it. So if you are searching on a field that you just created yesterday, that is what you will get back, unless you go back on older issues and add the information.

lapacquah.bryant October 18, 2022

Thank you Mikael that make sense however the information is already on the older issues just not being captured moving forward.  

Is there away of retrieving this information or how would we trigger it to populate a report?  

Is there a JQL can I use to create a report with the older issues capturing email or number?  I tried this JQL however it did not retrieve any issues..

"Request Type" = "NS Demo Request (NSSD)" and "Caller's Email[Short text]" is not EMPTY and created >= 30d order by created DESC

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2022

So the JQL that you are using will only give you issues that where created within the last 30 days, if you remove created >= 30d you would get all the issues that you are looking for.

lapacquah.bryant October 19, 2022

Hello Mikael, 

Thank you I updated JQL to "Request Type" = "NS Demo Request (NSSD)" and "Caller's Email[Short text]" is not EMPTY.  However, it only gave me the newly created issues, still not retrieving any issues prior to the updates.  The email and number are fields that have been present since the start.  Is there a way to get the issues prior to the change (custom fields, etc.)?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2022

Okay, so I am not following. You said that you created a new custom field the other day, but the information has always been there... The JQL doesn't care when the information/field was added, unless you are searching on specific dates or date ranges. So if all your issues have a value set for "Caller's Email[Short text]" then this JQL should return all those issues:

"Caller's Email[Short text]" is not EMPTY

lapacquah.bryant October 20, 2022

Hello,

Question:  You said that you created a new custom field the other day, but the information has always been there. -

Answer:  Yes, custom field was created after customer started using ticket.  So the custom field was not attached to the Caller's Email field until October 17th.  

Regarding "Caller's Email[Short text]" is not EMPTY, where does Short text come from?  I used long text in the Form.

Thank you

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2022

The [Short text] is coming from your query, and it indicate that it is a single line field similar to summary, and has nothing to do with the long text field in Forms.

Okay, so do I understand it correctly that you are using Forms on your request form? And you have now linked the field in the form to the new Jira custom field? If this is the case existing forms that was created before you made that change will not be linked to the Jira field unless you re-submit the form for those issues.

Like lapacquah.bryant likes this
lapacquah.bryant October 21, 2022

Hello Mikael,

Yes that is the case I use Forms in my Request type and linked the custom field after the request type was already in use. 

Interesting I noticed that by linking another custom field called "Email" to the Form when I ran reports it allowed a few tickets prior to October 17th to display.  However the majority did not display email information in Queue or Dashboard.

So the only way to fix is resubmit the form?  Is this by creating a new ticket or another process?

Thank you

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2022

To resubmit the form you would have to go into each issue and click the Reopen button and then the Submit.

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 8.24.51 AM.png

Once the Forms API is released (currently scheduled for Q1-Q2 2023) there might be a way to do this in bulk.

lapacquah.bryant October 21, 2022

Sounds easy however I do not see the reopen option.  I'm using Jira Cloud JSM.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2022

If you are leaving the form open after it has been submitted you should see Edit instead of Reopen, just click that and that then submit and that should trigger the update of linked fields.

lapacquah.bryant October 24, 2022

Good morning I found it its within the open ticket "viewing form" section.  Thank you got it.. 

lapacquah.bryant October 24, 2022

Question @Mikael Sandberg does this update happen instantly or after 24hrs etc.?

Within the queue did the following:

1. Select ticket 
  2. Scrolled down to Viewing Form
  3. Click Reopen
  4. It asked if we waned to reopen the submitted form for editing?
  5. Select Reopen
  6. Select Submit at confirmation screen

Do we have to re-enter the email because thus for nothing is changed.

Thank you

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 24, 2022

It should be instantly, but I'm not sure if the form keeps track of if there is a change or not.

lapacquah.bryant November 29, 2022

@Mikael Sandberg Thanks for the updates.  It looks like you would update the Form settings I updated the Form submissions section to Lock form so that only admin can reopen and I believe this allowed me to update Issue and save with changes.  Please confirm is this could be an option moving forward.  Thanks Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 2.37.55 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events