Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to have a request type that is information only (does NOT generate a ticket)?

Alejandro Becher September 2, 2021

I would like to have a request type in the portal that is just merely informative. Kind of like a fake door.

The reason for this is we keep having certain request that we can't handle at the moment and I would like to have a request type for that particular kind of request that merely states "Those kinds of request will not be taken in via this channel, please contact xxx@xx.com".

Is there a way to do that?

Cheers,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Not really. To be honest that's sort of an odd scenario. Regardless what I would suggest is to have that request type covered under automation. When an issue is created of that request type then simply set it to resolved and respond to the customer with the action and contact information. The advantage of actually creating an issue for this is that you can run metrics on it understand how many times people are asking for something that you can't support.

Alejandro Becher September 6, 2021

Thanks for the idea. We ended up doing exactly that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events