Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way of just having a single portal available for different client groups

Mark K July 2, 2021

Hi everyone

I have set up my first two ITSM projects.

Each of these is for different clients groups/products. Is there a way of setting up the portals so that they don't have the link back to the main shared help centre? I don't want clients for different products seeing other portals

Also, how do you add a search field to the individual customer portals? It's on the main help centre page, but I can't seem to add it to my individual portals.

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2021

@Mark K -

Hi Mark:

I agreed with @Jack Brickey suggestion.  As you already know that when a new JSM project is created, it will have its own portal reference.  There is another way which you can block project's visiblilty by ensuring the following configuration is setup in the Customer Permission setting -

1) Under who can raise requests? just checked the option "Customers who are added to the project".  By default when a JSM project is created, the second option is always selected "Customers who have an account on this Jira site".

2021-07-02_8-17-00.png

Once you selected the 1st option, users who are not associated with the project will not even be able to see the project at all in the Help Center page.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Tracy Gilmour March 10, 2022

I can't find the option as shown above, can you confirm where this is?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2021

You can use a single project and leverage the organizations feature. Organizations allow you to group customers search that customers within a given organization can share issues among each other however they cannot share issues across organizations.

group-customers-into-organizations 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events