Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a simple way to let customers to close their own Tickets on Jira Service Desk cloud?

Hannah Churchman February 19, 2020

Hi all!

I'd love to give customers the ability to close their own Tickets when they are happy with our response. Is there a standard setting to allow this OR does it involved a crazy complicated workaround OR is it simply not possible?

I've had a look around on the Community and KB but there isn't really a straight forward answer. 

Anything we can do to allow this would be amazing for our support team and our customers. 

Hannah 

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2020

Hi @Hannah Churchman 

Customer can resolve or cancel the request from within the Customer Portal. 

See here:

Customer Portal - Cancel or Resolve.jpg

-Mike

Hannah Churchman February 19, 2020

Thanks @Mike Bowen - do you know how to switch this functionality on and if it is available on Jira Cloud?

Many thanks

Hannah

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2020

Hi @Hannah Churchman 

When you set up your customers into organisations undedr Jira Service Desk (cloud) and invite them to the Customer Portal, once they have logged in and raised a request, those options are available on every request. It is basic workflow for a request. 

If customer is raising requests via email then I guess not! They could email in and ask for the request to be cancelled or resolved, in which case one of your agents would need to resolve or cancel the request. 

Yes, this is for cloud, and I would imagine for Server as well. 

-Mike

Like Hannah Churchman likes this
Gareth Morgan July 21, 2020

It looks like the functionality is off by default. Only thing my customers can do is toggle notifications. Was looking into this for our company and kinda disappointed by a basic function like being able to close your own ticket missing.

Sol August 25, 2020

Have the same problem.

Portal customers can`t close theit own tikets.

I use Service Request Fulfilment workflow for Jira Service Desk.

I edit sheme and allow close tasks for author and portal clients.

But users can only switch on-off notifications.

Christopher K. Etou November 29, 2021

I also have the same problem, the options below are not available by default in Jira cloud. How can we activate them?

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 8.47.33 AM.png

6 votes
Bonny W March 3, 2022

I followed these instructions today and they worked. Be sure to click on the transition line to enable, not the status itself

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/show-a-workflow-transition-in-the-portal/

Paul Forrise December 12, 2022

This is the instruction that helped me complete this. Thank you for posting this.

Like Stephan Hannach likes this
0 votes
Caleb TeBokkel September 12, 2023

Is there a way to let them push the ticket to Closed, instead of Resolved or Cancelled? These statuses are redundant in our use case

0 votes
Faizan Hussain May 17, 2022

Followed the steps from this document (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/show-a-workflow-transition-in-the-portal/) to enable "Show transition on the customer portal" and then Publish the workflow which made it work for me.

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

Thanks for finding this. It worked great!

0 votes
Eswar Vandanapu February 24, 2022

This is working for certain request types by default.  I am trying to make it work for Bugs and Improvement requests as well.  Is there a way to make it work for them as well? 

0 votes
Vincenzo January 18, 2022

Hi All, 

has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Thanks, 

Vincenzo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events