Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the role "Viewer" a paid one?

Manuel Precioso
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2021

Hello, like in this question:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Do-we-have-to-pay-for-project-Viewer-roles/qaq-p/1324437

But in the role permission tab it doesnt specify you need access to Jira Service Management unlike other permissions where it is specified.

Edit: This is about team-managed project.

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

Hi Manuel,

We have executives that only want to view the JSM tickets, without having to edit.  If this is your case, then you can provide them with browse only access and they can view the tickets without consuming a license.  

This being said, they can't go the queue view, you will have to create a dashboard or other reports where they can click to view the tickets.  

Actions:

- In your permissions schema add a role for "Users Read-Only" to Browse

- In your User and Roles  add the people to the "Users Read-Only.  

Fabian

Manuel Precioso
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2021

Hi Fabian, for company-based projects it works. But there is no workaround for team-managed projects.

The viewer tab role doesnt specify that you need jira service management access/license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events