Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to pick users from other project? Or set up custome view for som users?

Agile Greg August 3, 2021

I am looking to move to Jira and trying to set up customer portal for one of the clients. 

I don't want all users to seen some types of requests like add user, remove user etc.

but i want in some of those requests to use user picker. So either i would like a portal group with permission for only few people from company to view/access or create new project for it (thats the way i thought i will do it) and somehow be able to view it this project all people from company. 

3 answers

0 votes

I dont like the first idea, i want customer portal to be as clean as possible. 

Second suggestion is the way i am approching it, but is there any way to access the list of customers from other project or access all members of organization without adding it to project? So administration can browse through a list instead of typing names? 

0 votes

Hi Jack and thanks for Your response. 

We are a small company providing IT services for three different companies A, B and C. We are system administrators and providing helpdesk/ remote help. Just so You have a picture of what we are doing, hopefully it will make it easier to answer. 

Let' talk only about one company for now.

Everyone in the company has a pc and will be allowed to send request for help. 

There is a group of people within the company, lets call them administration, which will be allowed to order new account for customer or hardware or ask to delete account and take away security permisions etc.

I want those types of requests to be hidden from users that are not in administration.

I thought of creating new project so i have 'Project A' and 'Project A administration', but when i create custom field - user picker in "Project A administration' i cant pick users from Project A'. 

I hope that this is making it more understandable, 

g.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

One idea - allow all customers to see and make those requests but set up approval on those requests such that the admin customers would need to approve before the agent worked the request. 

The other option is to use different projects, one for all customers and one for admins.

Finally, you can also investigate Issue Security Scheme, however, I do not thing this will work for customers but I have not tried so worth a shot. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Trying to keep the convo within a single thread so use the reply button rather than Answer…

not sure how the first option results in a non-clean portal. You might read about approvals here - set-up-approvals 

I don’t follow the question of “accessing” customer from another project. You cannot but not sure why you need to.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2021

Hi Greg, welcome to the community!

I am not quite following your use case but let’s dive in an figure it out. With JSM there are two types of users and the possibility of three.

• agents - those users that can be assigned and work issues to closure in the project
  • customers - those users that create issues to be worked. The have the ability to comment and update the issues the create
  • collaborators - if your team currently uses JSW or JWM the any licensed user can be given browse and comment permissions so the can engage with agents (but not customers).

there are different ways to prevent users from accessing issues. The two primary methods are different projects and Issue Security.

Hopefully this info steers the conversation in a direction that leads you to an answer to your questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events