Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to pick a user from a table based off of a seperate data value?

Chris Quantrell April 6, 2023

Hello!

I am working on a form to request software for my organization. We have a non-JSM version of the form, but it's ancient and clunky. So I was aiming to replace it with a Jira form.

Currently, on form submission, the form is sent to the department supervisor. On approval, the request is then sent to IT for further processing. Where I am running into issues in the current form is that the customer specifies the department, which then looks up who is in charge of the department by a data table, and then routes to the email specified.

I have not looked too much into the data connections, but it seems that the data connections are only suitable for populating a list of choices for a data field. Am I mistaken? What would be the best practice to get this function?

1 answer

1 vote
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

Hi @Chris Quantrell , welcome to the community and thanks for your question.

I have understood that you want to populate some other values in an issue that are based off of an attribute of the ticket. I have an example of an automation rule I have implemented for a  customer that I think might help you.

Please take a look -

image.png

Here, when the user submits the request form from the portal, or opens an email in the JSM project, the trigger is called when the issue is created in the project.

Then, I have a condition which goes to check, in this case, where the department is this value, then edit the secretary, to insert an email, then edit the cost centre code, inserting a code, and then edit the approver, again inserting an email address into the issue.

THEN, I have an else clause to check if it's not department A, what value to insert for department B, C, and so on.

image.png

Do you think this would help you to get your result?

If not, please give us your feedback and either I or someone else will try to help.

Cheers.

Chris Quantrell April 19, 2023

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was working with my database team to get the right information. Im a little confused on how this would work.

So my data table json looks like this:

{"softwarerouting":[
{"ito_Dept":"Student Services",
"ito_FirstName":"Luke",
"ito_LastName":"Skywalker",
"ito_Email":"lskywalker@email.com"}

So on my form, I want a drop down menu for my end user to pick the department. On submission, how can I get the ito_Dept value to specify the approver field value to be the user with the ito_Email?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events