Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make a custom field's Insight Object selection or modification easier?

Allison Stewart May 27, 2022

I have several custom fields that are Insight Objects.  For example, Category, Sub-Category and Category Item.  As a user, when I want to populate these, it's not as easy as a quick dropdown/picklist.  You have to click:

Add Object
Click the arrow
Type
Click the option you want
Click the checkmark

That's 5 clicks for what should be only 2 clicks at best.

If you want to change/remove the selection:

Click the pencil icon
Click the delete "x"
Add Object
Click the arrow
Type
Click the option you want
Click the checkmark

That's 7 clicks for what should be a simple highlight and backspace or click a delete "x".

Is there any way to make this easier for our users?  It's important that we use Insight but if it's going to be so not user friendly, then we will just use picklists and have to lose that integrative functionality.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hi @Allison Stewart

I agree with you.  It's a pain right now. You may want to create a feature request for it. Details can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html

Allison Stewart May 31, 2022

Good idea, yes.  I've created a suggestion.

However, perhaps someone will have an idea as to how to make it less painful right now. And that will help us all.

Like Fabian Lim likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events