Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to hide internal comments in Issue View?

Brian Henry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

Scenario: We use Jira Service Management for our Customer Care organization and routinely discuss certain tickets (issues) in front of the customer using the Issue View.

I want to know if there is any way to do this with the Internal comments hidden?  Or should I be using a different view instead of the Issue view?

2 answers

0 votes
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

Hi @Brian Henry 

Can I clarify the need here?

You want to show customers the agents view, but not show the internal comments?

I don't think you can do this; wouldn't it be easier to just show the customer their "customer view" instead?

Ste

Katrina Meyers May 14, 2024

but in order to do that, we need to create one user per organization per Support person. 

Support Manager A has customers A, B, and C. They need to meet with each customer separately each week to review their tickets.

In order to use the Customer View in our Service Desk Portal, we would have to get three email accounts for the Support Manager to log in separately and view each customer's list of issues.

There has to be another way to do this, I need the same thing.

Katrina Meyers May 15, 2024

I found out how to do this.  In our Support project, under Organizations, I added myself to the Organization that the customer is in.  This then allows me to filter requests by Organization from the Customer Portal.

Brian Henry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 2, 2024

Sorry for the very late response, but you're right, I should clarify a few things:

• I run a Customer Care/Support organization for a consulting firm and all of our customers are EXTERNAL to our company and therefore do not have Jira licenses.
  • We meet regularly with customers (weekly) to provide updates and statuses on the prior week's support tickets/issues during which we typically use a Jira Dashboard to drive the meeting and present metrics, etc.
  • From within the Jira dashboard, if we need to drill into a particular support request to discuss it, we simply click on the ticket number, etc, but of course that opens the Agent view of the issue, complete with internal comments, etc
  • My question is there any way of doing this without showing the internal comments?  Or do I have to use some other Dashboard plug-in to run my meetings?
  • **My ideal solution would be a toggle to hide internal comments on the user-settings level, so that we can walk a customer through an issue with the internal comments hidden until the toggle is turned off**
0 votes
Nikola Perisic
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024
Katrina Meyers May 15, 2024

That wasn't helpful.

Like Aleksandar Crveni likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events