cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Internal Comments

Rachael Lindsay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2020

Hi there,

I've added a new role that as well as being assigned as a service desk customer, is also able to view project issues via a direct web link (this new role manages multiple customers and wishes to view, approve & comment on their tickets) - I've achieved this successfully; however - there's also an ask to restrict this new role from being able to view or add internal comments.

Currently, the new role has the option to 'add internal note' or 'reply to customer' and can view all internal & customer comments.

How do I update, so the new role can only view customer comments and 'reply to customer'?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2020

Rachael,

If you are giving access to the Jira Service Desk so individuals can see the issue in Jira but not the Jira service desk they will have the ability to make and view internal comments.  There is no way to turn this off.  It is best to have customers access the service desk through the portal only, then have agents or internal support users access through the service desk agent or Jira UI.  You can still apply the same type of access to Jira Software/Business so they can access those issues the same way you have it configured.

Rachael Lindsay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 31, 2020

Thanks Brant, makes sense! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events