Is it possible to get a notification when an e-mail connector stops working?

Sascha Kobus January 4, 2022

We have a service project that has a connected e-mail account. E-Mails to this account become tickets or comments (as described here).

Past week there was in issue with our e-mail account and the connected e-mail account in jira got disabled due to 24 unsuccesful tries of pulling mail from that account.

To my surprise there was no message whatsoever to any jira administrators about the broken e-mail connector. It just felt odd that we stopped receiving new tickets. It was then that I saw the error message in the project-configuration area.

Am I missing anything here? Is there a way to configure a setting like an alert on e-mail connectivity errors?

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2022

Hello @Sascha Kobus,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

Allow me to step in just to share with you that there is a feature request that will be worked on by our dev team regarding notification when email fails to create tickets:

Please, click on vote and also watch it to receive updates from our product managers.

Kind regards,
Angélica

3 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Sascha Kobus 

Based on this doc there is no option to get alerts about problems about email requests. 

Email requests processing and conectivity log helps administrators when they investiate issues but these logs don't work as monitoring tool to create issues about problems.

Also I don't know other solution to build what you want :/

Regards,

Seba

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events