Is it possible to filter Insight objects (Jira custom Insight field) on customer portal?

Petar Milavić December 17, 2021

I want to put the Insight custom field on the customer portal and that field should show only Insight objects related to the specific client. I don't know how to filter objects in that field depending on the client or some other Jira field on that form. 

Is that possible in Jira Cloud?

Thank you in advance.

BR

Petar

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2021

Hi @Petar Milavić, yes, it's possible. You can use the custom field's filter scope and filter issue scope to achieve that. For more details, see Announcing Filter Issue Scope for Insight. If you still have challenges configuring that on your end, I'd suggest sharing your setup details so we can assist you further.

Petar Milavić December 21, 2021

Hi @Ivan Lima ,

my main issue is that I need to filter the results during the ticket creation. I'm not sure if ${attribute} will be valid. I tried, but nothing happened, Insight field remained empty.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

That's what the filter issue scope does, including during issue creation. If you can share your setup, it would be helpful. The more details you share, the better we can assist you.

Petar Milavić December 22, 2021

Thank you @Ivan Lima , I'll try to explain what I want to accomplish:

- I have some Insight objects with lots of attributes and I want to show one of those objects on the customer portal during the ticket creation depending on the client that raising the ticket and customer request type:

Capture1.JPG

Capture4.JPG

More detailed: Insight Field "Petar Test" should show the only the list of Insight objects that have  current client in the "Client" field in the Insight object, Also, different request types should shown only one group of object types (in this case, for "User creation" I want to show only "Users and groups management services" objects). 

I don't know how to configure "Petar Test" Insight field.

Thank you in advance, 

Petar

Like Atlassian Admin Account likes this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2021

What is the type of your attribute Clients? And what is the configuration of your custom field Petar Test?

Assuming Clients as an object X, where you have the user type as an attribute of object X, you could set up your custom field like:

• Object schema: Catalog
  • Filter scope (IQL): objectType = "Users and groups management services"
  • Filter issue scope (IQL): Clients like ${reporter.label}  
Petar Milavić December 24, 2021

Hi  @Ivan Lima 

Clients are basically different projects. We have an Client/Project field that we use:

Capture5.JPG

Petar Test is an insight custom field that I want to use to show different Insight objects on the ticket.

• Filter scope (IQL): objectType = "Users and groups management services"

This part is not ok for me because I need to change the scope depending on the customer request type. If somebody picks User creation then I want to show Users and groups management services objects in the list, but if another customer request type is picked then I need a different group of object types.

Thank you, 

BR

Petar

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2021

To my knowledge, the insight custom field "Insight Object/s" supports placeholders for any issue field data, which is configured in the Issue Scope IQL but not for the filter scope. You can broaden the filter scope, including the object types you want; it can be multiple object types. Thus, you would need to use placeholders and references to narrow it down to issue scope, through Issue Scope IQL, based on issue field data and insight object data selection. Some additional links that might help you to build your case:

Pieter Wouter Hartog
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2022

@Ivan Lima 

You mentioned ""Insight Object/s" supports placeholders for any issue field data"

What placeholders can we use exactly? For example, everything defined here: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/?

See my question here for more background: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/What-smart-values-are-available-in-Insight-custom-field-Filter/qaq-p/2080230

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events