Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to directly redirect to the form when we click on the portal group in customer portal

Vaibhav V January 8, 2023

There is a portal group where I have configured only one request form in the JIRA customer portal, the use case here is, when the customer clicks on the portal group, it should directly be redirected to the form, in my case, the customer clicks on the portal group and then again, he has to click on the request type create for the form to come up. I know this is a ad-hoc query, but any inputs would be helpful.

Thank you,

Vaibhav V

2 answers

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2023

Hi @Vaibhav V ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

A portal group is a group of request type and potentially it can contains multiple requests. As per my knowledge you can redirect user to the only one request type clicking on the portal group.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Vaibhav V January 8, 2023

Hello @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

Thank you for the quick turnaround, so the form appears when I click on the request type created in the portal group, is it possible to directly redirect the customer to the form from the portal group rather than clicking on the request type created in the portal group?

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2023

@Vaibhav V -

To supplement with what @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ stated,  a portal group "container" is simply a collection of associated request types.  As of right now, it will not be possible to re-direct customer directly to the FORM after he/she clicks on the portal group.  Customer will still need to click on the request type to access the FORM.

However, you can create a link URL for Team members to create issues on the customer behalf, but it is not for customers.  You can take a look at the following KB -

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-an-issue-using-a-form/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS