Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create multiple queues and only allow certain agents to access them

Karl.Ray March 28, 2023

Hi,

I am trying to set up Jira so that tickets come into my service desk agents initially to be triaged and resolved.  If the ticket can't be solved by the service desk and it needs development or it requires an on-site engineer I would like to be able to pass this to another queue.

However, I would like the agents in development and on-site engineer queues to only see their particular queue and not the service desk for example.

1 answer

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Hi @Karl.Ray ,

Welcome to the community !!

I have a workaround for you. Please check if this works for you. 

You need to make use of security level schemes + Group picker field.

i.e. Create group picker field (Example: Name it as "Assignee Group") and add required group in the user management.
Create new security scheme in the project and add Group picker field : assignee group to it. 
Once ticket is supposed to move to Development team, Select "Development team" in the assignee group field and update issue security level in the ticket.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events