Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to build import templates in insight?

Scott Federman April 11, 2022

I have imported a number of objects using the csv import functionality in the object schema. It takes quite a bit of time to map the objects and every time there is a change to the csv i need to run a new import causing me to remap over again. Is it possible to create a template so that I can apply it to other CSVs without having to remap everything every time?

1 answer

3 votes
Yuri Moura
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

Hello Scott

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood your scenario, but it seems you just want to replace the outdated CSV file with a new one, right?

If yes, you can do this by following the steps below:

From your service project, go to Insight > Object schemas.

1. Select the Object schema you want to replace the CSV file.
  2. Select Configure, then choose the Import tab.
  3. Under the Import tab:
    1. Click on the Cog icon > Configure for the Import configuration you want to update
    2. Skip the first page by clicking on Next
    3. Now click on the X on the right side of the old CSV file
    4. Finish by adding the new CSV file and clicking on Update Import Configuration

After that, your Object type mapping should remain intact. If you added new columns, they will appear under the Data Locator section so you can map them to your Object type, and if you removed any columns, they won't be available anymore to be used as Data Locators.

Aside from that, allow me to share that you can use the Create Predefined Configuration right after creating the Import configuration as shown below, this option will read your CSV file and will try to create the Object type mapping automatically for you using the columns as reference:

screen_1.png

In case you missed the above screen:

screen_2.png

If this is not your scenario, could you please share more details about your request?

Kind Regards,
Yuri Moura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events