Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to automatically import data from Intune and Azure AD, into Jira Insight?

Mikkel Sønderup Larsen-Ledet
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 23, 2022

Hi all,

I've been searching high and low, for an automated way to populate our Insight database - without luck.

Have any of you had any luck doing the following?:

1. Export devices from Intune, to a temporary cloud storage, where Insight can import the data from.
 2. Export Azure AD Objects to a temporary cloud storage, where insight can import the objects from.

The problem is not getting the data to a temporary storage, but for Insight to import it from here.

It is easy to manually import CSV and JSON files, but the automated part I could use some help for.

Thanks in advance, in case some of you smart people have a solution :)

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Gary Blower _Clearvision_ June 23, 2022

You can import the JSON or CSV now from a URL.

see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/New-feature-Import-and-refresh-Insight-data-from-a-URL/ba-p/2058286#M1794

If you create the Import configuration that is linked to your exported file you can also trigger/schedule imports using Jira automation

You'll need to create a scheduled automation and the Web Request action.

Steps

1. You need to encode your credentials "<EMAIL>:<API_TOKEN>" with base64. You can make this through any online tool like Base64 encode.
  2. You'll need the Workspace ID and Configuration ID from Insight.
  3. The Configuration ID can be found on the Import Configuration Details (schema > config > import > import history > details).
  4. The Workspace id can be found using this URL 
    https:// <JSM Premium Site Name> .atlassian.net/rest/servicedeskapi/insight/workspace
  5. Finally you can create the Automation WebRequest action using a POST on /import/start:

Screenshot 2022-06-23 at 16.25.01.png

Mikkel Sønderup Larsen-Ledet
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 23, 2022

Hi Gary

That looks like it's exactly what I need, thanks a bunch! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events