Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Upload images in MS form > Power automate >JIRA automation.(Webhooks)

philip_o May 3, 2024

I have built out a MS form > Power automate >JIRA automation. flow that creates/raised new JIRA issues via Power automate HTTP Post webhooks. In my MS forms I have the option to attach images. However when the JIRA is created, for the sections where the image should be in the description box, all i see is the directory path of where the image is stored. Does anyone know of a away to have the ability to have the image appear in a new JIRA issue using webhooks?

1 answer

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2024

Hello @philip_o 

I dont know the full details of your workflow, are you making a Create Issue call from power automate or calling a Jira webhook to create?..  But generally, in Jira, you attach images to the issue. So what you are seeing is expected behavior if you are passing it as part of description.

So Instead, you need to extract the URL of the image and in power automate or Jira, make a separate call to the attachment API end point and provide it the key to the issue and the path in payload so it gets added.

philip_o May 3, 2024

hi @Kalyan Sattaluri I am using power automate to post details from a submitted MS form to JIRA using JIRA  automation webhooks

so the flow is:

> In power automate when form is summitted

> Get response

> HTTP post

Then in JIRA automation

> I create webhook logs

>create a story and in the description it looks like the image shared;

It all works well except the image just shows the link where  the images is stored

webooks.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events