Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible, in JXL, to hide parents when there's no child issue?

Bevis HUngate December 4, 2023

I've fallen somewhat in love with JXL and want to create a view for one team where they can see their issues, and also have a link to these issues' parents.  We're not using Epics in this project so can't use Epic Link.

Parent issue = "Sales Title Prep"

Child issue = "BA Assignment Request", "STP Text Clearance", "STP AFR"

Current JQL is project = "BH" AND type = "STP ARF" or type = "STP Text Clearance" or type = "BA Assignment Request" OR type = "Sales Title Preparation".

Because I've had to include "Sales Title Prep" in the view, I'm also getting a bunch of "Sales Title Prep" issues which don't have child issues, "BA Assignment Request", "STP Text Clearance", or "STP AFR".  

It's these which I'd like to hide somehow...hopefully!

Thanks,

Bevis

1 answer

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 4, 2023

Hi @Bevis HUngate

I'm glad to hear that you like JXL!

The easiest would probably be to use JXL's level filtering capabilities and hide any issues without children. This is how this looks in action:

hide-issues-without-children.gif

If this doesn't work for some reason, or if there's any further questions, may I ask you to reach out to https://jxl.app/support so that we can have a closer look at it?

Many thanks,

Best,

Hannes

Bevis Hungate December 7, 2023

Many thanks for that; worked perfectly!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders