Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it not possible anymore to delete notifications?

Lynn van Dooren June 9, 2021

Hello dear community, 

We work a lot with the notifications messages in the right top corner.

Now it seems like Jira updates this and we cant delete any notifications anymore. Only mark them as read or unread.  The cross that we use to use to delete a notification had disappeared. Also, we could like to know if it's possible to not get notifications for Jira automatization rules. Can we turn this off somewhere? 

Are there any more settings available for the notifications? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2021

Hi @Lynn van Dooren

for automation rules you can uncheck a corresponding option.

grafik.png

However, when the "action" leads to something that will trigger an event on its own (for example an issue is updated) users reported that a notification is sent anyway as Jira does not distinct if the edit (Issue Updated Event in technical terms) was made by an user or an automation user.

Regards,
Daniel

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2021

I think (?) Lynn is referring to the “in app” notifications vs. emails. Those that are found by clicking on the alarm bell. But I could be wrong.

Like Lynn van Dooren likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

You are right, @Jack Brickey I must have missed that.
Another interesting thing I came across earlier the day was an announcement which says that notifications cannot be deleted anymore - this likely correlates to what @Lynn van Dooren is seeing:

However, it does not speak about making notifications from Automation silent - there is still room for improvement :)

Like Lynn van Dooren likes this
Lynn van Dooren June 15, 2021

Thank you @Jack and @Daniel Ebers

The announcement did make it clear why we cant delete notifications anymore. Thank you for making that clear! Cheers :) 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

There is no option to delete notifications. TBH I don’t recall ever seeing that however that doesn’t mean it didn’t exist previously. 

Lynn van Dooren June 9, 2021

Do you by chance know of any way to turn off the notifications regarding automatization rules? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2021

I do not believe that is possible. I like the idea of being able to do so on a rule basis though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events