Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Improving the way you manage notifications

We’re currently rolling out updates to the notification experience. If you don’t see these updates yet, they should be available soon.

It’s now easier to manage web notifications from your Confluence and Jira sites. Notifications from all of your sites will appear in the one list, and you can filter notifications to show only those that are unread – helping you to stay focused on what’s important.

What’s changing?

• You can now filter notifications to show only the ones you haven’t read – so you’re always up to date on the latest activity.

• See all of the notifications from your Jira and Confluence sites in the one place.

• Notifications are no longer deleted, so nothing is ever lost.

Instead of deleting notifications, you can hide the ones you don’t want to see. Select Mark as read on notifications you've read, and then remove them from view by selecting the Only show unread filter.

If you want to see a notification later, select Mark as unread, and it will continue to appear in your list.

Notification list (M1) 10-Jun-2021-135615.gif

Tips to manage your notifications:

• Mark individual notifications as 'read’ or ‘unread’ by clicking the circle next to each notification.

• Hide notifications that you’ve already read by toggling the Only show unread option.

• Mark a notification as Mark as unread to continue seeing it in your list.

• Mark all of your notifications as read by selecting Mark all as read.

• Notifications are automatically removed from the list after 30 days. Older notifications can still be found in your email.

9 comments

Having all notifications under one roof is really helpful! Thanks 🎉

Like Jana Paulech likes this

A quick question...

Season 4 Episode 13 GIF by The Office

Is it possible to switch off notifications from certain sites that I don't want to see there?

I have some test Jira instances and now I can see notifications from these in my main Jira instance that I use for work 🙈

Hi @Nikki Zavadska _jexo_, great to hear having notifications in one place is useful. Thanks for the feedback. Currently, no, you cannot switch off web notifications in one instance. 

While I am nots sure of your test instance set-up and/or what kinds of notifications you are receiving, a few potential workarounds might be:

• un-watching/un-assigning any Jira tickets that are sending you notifications
  • creating a new user for that test account for future testing

Thanks again for the feedback, great to hear from you.

Like Nikki Zavadska _jexo_ likes this

Hi @Jana Paulech , thanks for getting back to me!

I think we'll go with the approach of having different emails for our test instances to keep notifications clean 🧼 

What about pushing those notifications to chrome?

I'm not happy at all with the change. I need to have some read notification visible as well as the possibility to remove/hide the duplicates (the notifications for the same issue #. In the previous version, I was keeping unread those which I wanted to review later marking as read those read but still needed to check and I was removing manually the duplicates. Basically, I was using the notification list like a quick, ad-hoc to do list.

Jana Paulech Atlassian Team Jun 21, 2021

Hi @Paul , sorry to hear that. Have you considered using the mark as read and mark as unread to manage your notifications list?

To elaborate:

• If you have the unread filter enabled, you can click on the blue dot over on the right to mark a notification as read (essentially hide it) without clicking through.
  • You can also 'mark as unread' an already read notification from the "all notifications" list by clicking that same button to essentially keep it for later in the unread list.
  • Then, your "unread notification" list (filter enabled) is kind of like your "to-do list", and the "all notifications" list (filter disabled) is a sort of "archive" that you can access should you need.

Regarding your comment on general noisiness of a Jira issue, we do want to look at other ways to help solve this. We want to look at improvements like grouping multiple notifications by their issue or page in the future to help here. Still early days, but that is the thinking. :) 

Thanks for reaching out, hopefully the above workflow may work for you.

Jana Paulech Atlassian Team Jun 21, 2021

@Maicon Vieira Thanks for the feedback. No, we don't do chrome browser notifications for these.

Would be keen to know what specific notifications you would be looking for in browser as these can be quite disruptive if all notifications were to be sent. Would it be mainly mentions?

Paul I'm New Here Jun 23, 2021

Hi @Jana Paulech , of course I tried those before jumping to complain :) but they are not enough to obtain the same result. Basically, what was useful for me was to be able to see in the same time the read and unread notifications but without duplicates which I was removing manually. The workarounds you were proposing also are not achieving the same goal because I was making a difference between what I really read and what I will see later.

IMHO, bringing back the delete action would be the fastest because you had it there. Otherwise, an option to hide or group duplicates could be a solution. But in the same time, I'm not sure if seeing the duplicate notifications brings so much value as long as the History tab provides a list of what happened.

As a side note, making the issue number smaller in the notification list was also a "non-improvement" (sic) for me.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Feedback & Announcements

Calling all Admins who want to try out an early version of Confluence Home!

Hi Confluence Admins! My name is DJ Chung and I am a product manager on Confluence Cloud. We’re working on making updates to Confluence Home and want to get you and your team’s feedback. Confluen...

284 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you