Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with FortiSIEM

Lim Edmund
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 29, 2021

I have recently setup a FortiSIEM and trying to integrate my Jira helpdesk site so that Jira will be able to receive incoming alerts from FortiSIEM in event of alerts. But as I setup the integration within FortiSIEM and tried to sync, i encounter the error of 

"Result: ERROR: ERROR - javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target Jira_Test:Incident - no item is uploaded."

May I enquire of the issue as well as the solution if possible.

Thanks alot

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2021

@Lim Edmund -

Welcome to the community.

Here is a link that may give you some references.  However the article is for only Jira DC env.  

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/unable-to-connect-to-ssl-services-due-to-pkix-path-building-failed-error-779355358.html

Another link is from just focusing on this type of Java error -

http://www.littlebigextra.com/how-to-fix-pkix-path-building-failed-sun-security-provider-certpath-suncertpathbuilderexception/

Essentially, the error is related to cert issue between FortiSIEM and Jira Cloud.

I would recommend you to conduct two asks -

1) Reach out to FortiSIEM vendor for further assistance on integration with Jira Cloud env.

2) Contact Atlassian Support Team for possible assistance because you are on Jira Cloud env.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events